Sunday, April 25, 2010

Canon MP830 - Scanning failing under one XP user, but works under others. Says, "driver not loa

I have installed the latest Canon MP830 printer driver while logged into my Windows XP Pro box as the administrator. The MP830 is a multifunction device that includes scanning along with other functions.



When I press the 'scan' button on the MP830 or when I run the MP Navigator 2.2 program (which was included with the printer), I get an error message indicating that the scanner driver isn't loaded.



But if I log out and log back in as any other user, it works fine. This problem is only occuring under the main account, which is the one I use all the time.



* I have unloaded and reinstalled the driver...



* I have unloaded and reinstalled the driver while logged in as one of the other system users...



* I have checked to see if any other running apps could be interfering, but wasn't able to see any that were.



Is anyone else having this problem and if so, what was the resolution?



Canon MP830 - Scanning failing under one XP user, but works under others. Says, "driver not loaded"?ie tab



check what GROUPS are missing from the main account.



for instance, if user abc is in the administrators group and users 1, 2 and 3 belong to the general group (just an example) and users 1, 2 and 3 work, but abc doesn't, add user abc to the general group so that it belong to both general and administrators



Canon MP830 - Scanning failing under one XP user, but works under others. Says, "driver not loaded"?windows mobile internet explorer



http://answers.google.com/answers/



http://www.experts-exchange.com/



http://www.ask-jeeves.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
military loans