Sunday, April 25, 2010

I use MS XP. The "turn off computer" panel is slow (two minutes) to appear. How can I fix

I use MS Windows XP Pro. My security package is TrendMicro Internet Security 2006.



I use MS XP. The "turn off computer" panel is slow (two minutes) to appear. How can I fix that?microsoft word



You probably have a bunch of programs (or spyware) running in the background. You could try downloading free spyware removers like Ad-Aware, or stop certain programs from running at startup by using msconfig ("Start"%26gt;"Run"%26gt;cmd%26gt;msconfig"). The best solution is usually just to reformat your hard drive, it will do wonders for computer performance. You should reformat about once a year, I think, just don't forget to back up your files. Oh, you should also stop using TrendMicro, much better and faster virus scanners and firewalls can be found for free, such as AVG AntiVirus, Avast Antivirus, ZoneAlarm Home Edition, and Ad-Aware.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
military loans