Sunday, April 25, 2010

I am having problems with windows media player skipping?

When my media player runs (wmp 10) it acts like a scene per scene rather than a smooth flow, I have noticed that the audio is skipping as well or is not smooth either. I am running windows Xp Pro. 1.4 mhz athlon thunderbird chip on an epox board. I have 1.4 meg of memory on board and the sound card is a sound blaster 24bit, video card is 256 meg Diamond Stealth. I had to reinstall windows recently and since I have had these troubles.



I am having problems with windows media player skipping?windows vista



Reinstall Media Player. Just put the new version on without removing the old.



I had the same problem when I reinstalled XP. It apparently replaced a DLL or some other file that Media Player used.



Reinstalling WMP did the job for me. I hope it will for you too.



Thanks for the complete description on your system.



I am having problems with windows media player skipping?windows defender internet explorer



I had the same problem, now I just use VLC media player it's very good
Try re installing the video and audio codecs . or try a free player called VLC.



If codecs dont help then try re-installing the video and audio drivers by first deleting them and letting windows install them again.
It sounds to me like either there's a problem with your DirectX install or a problem with the codecs you're using for playback.



It would be helpful to know if this problem occurs with all files, DVDs only, MPGs only, AVIs only, a specific file only, etc.
You've got the right equip..... did you try to un/reinstall the player or ck for m'soft updates/hotfixes??



Wow, theres a page of "known" issues at Microsoft... Here:



http://search.microsoft.com/results.aspx...
WINDOWS MEDIA PLAYER SKIPPING

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
military loans