Sunday, April 25, 2010

How do I make windows support more RAM?

I am building my own computer, and I have 4 GB (2 x 2G) of RAM. I only have windows xp pro x64, x32, i was wondering what i could do to make it so it recognizes all 4 gigs of RAM. I do have a dual channel mobo.



How do I make windows support more RAM?download ie



x64 will recognize it all



x32 won't use it all, will use 3 and the 4th will be used for cache.



How do I make windows support more RAM?windows media player internet explorer



You need to have a 64Bit OS to recognize all 4 GB's
if you have xp 64 install that, it make the OS address all 4 gigs



also keep in mind you can have a 64b proc, mobo and OS but if your northbridge is 32b your still not using full potential
What is it ? x64 or x32 ? You can make XP recognize 4 gb in x32 mode, it's an address limitation that can be eliminated but only at a price you, most certainly, are not willing to pay. See http://chris.pirillo.com/2007/08/30/32-b... and http://support.microsoft.com/kb/291988

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
military loans