Friday, November 27, 2009

Can you create a web and connect to the server directly with FrontPage 2002 running on Windows MCE 2

I'm working on a project for a client that has an existing web site built in FrontPage 2002. My primary computer is a Dell Inspiron with XP Media Center Edition 2005. I am able to connect to the web server through FrontPage on another laptop running FrontPage 2002 on Windows XP Pro SP2 (now SP3), but not on the laptop with MCE 2005.



I'm guessing it's a prob w/ the OS but I couldn't find any fixes or references on the MS web site or in the various related Knowledge Base articles.



Can you create a web and connect to the server directly with FrontPage 2002 running on Windows MCE 2005 ?uninstall internet explorer



Why not just create the HTML code, and upload it via FTP through I.E. (the only thing I use I.E. for!)?



Works like a charm for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
military loans