Sunday, November 29, 2009

How can I lock my PC when I am away on Win XP Home?

On Windows XP Pro users can lock their PC so any unauthorised person cannot access what they are doing.



Can this be done in XP Home Edition?



How can I lock my PC when I am away on Win XP Home?windows mail



create user account with a password



control panel - user accounts



How can I lock my PC when I am away on Win XP Home?microsoft maps internet explorer



Yes.



In the control panel, you need to set your user account up with a password. This will require you to type it to login. Once this is done, you can lock your computer anytime by hitting the Windows Key + L
Yup. Just press CTRL+ALT+DEL and choose "Lock Computer" from the options that come up in the window.



But BEFORE you try this, make SURE you have accounts and passwords properly set up on the computer. Good luck!
1) Win + L (see above replies)



2) Password protect your screen saver: Right click on desktop %26gt; Properties %26gt; Screen Saver %26gt; check the only checkbox in the page.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
military loans