Sunday, November 29, 2009

Would you recommend Vista or XP in my situation? Why?

I have the oppurtunity to upgrade from my OS, Windows XP Pro.



My computer is a Dell Dimension E521 has a 2GhZ AMD Anthlon 64+, 2GB DDR2 RAM, 256MB graphics card (128mb of that swiped from my ram)



So, which should i choose? I really like the looks of Vista, and i figured since Microsoft will be cutting support off in 2011 i might as well upgrade now while my computer is brand new :]



IF YOU HAVE VISTA WHAT DO YOU THINK??



thanks!



Would you recommend Vista or XP in my situation? Why?microsoft live



wait a little longer. i have a copy of ultimate myself, but i am waiting until they get rid of the bugs. there are so many programs and peripherals not compatible yet with vista that is deterring myself from upgrading. i just read that too many poeple have problems with th os. if you really want to test vista, try dual booting your system so that you can use both until you feel confident with vista.



Would you recommend Vista or XP in my situation? Why?microsoft internet explorer internet explorer



Oh boy, you have the machine I used to have and I hate E521 so much. I had so many issues, one being the front cover making a buzzing noise and all - anyway, Vista isn't that much of a benefit and it often annoys me but it is pretty good. You have a good processor so the Vista will run perfectly fine on it.
You can run Vista on that machien with very few hiccups.



If your video card supports DirectX 10, there isn't a single reason not to switch to Vista. But if its DX9, then Id say stick with XP Pro and wait to buy a DX10 card later on then switch to Vista.
I've had Vista for about 3 or so months and it runs fine. If you have the oppertunity to upgrade, go for it!
All the people i speak to say leave Vista alone to many bugs at present. Service pack 1 will not be released till end of year. XP pro is more stable i have found. My rule of thumb is when some thing new comes out don't touch it for 12 to 18 months after its release date. You can always update to Vista at a later date.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
military loans