Sunday, November 29, 2009

I was thinking of changing my Vista to XP on my Dell Laptop, professionally done.. should I do this?

Mostly for gaming, I dont like vistas performace as well as I did with my computer downstairs which is Windows XP Pro



I was thinking of changing my Vista to XP on my Dell Laptop, professionally done.. should I do this?microsoft vista



That's probably a good move from a performance standpoint, but before you do it, be POSITIVE, that the laptop manufacturer provides XP drivers for all of your hardware.



I was thinking of changing my Vista to XP on my Dell Laptop, professionally done.. should I do this?windows xp pro internet explorer



in order for vista to run smoothly, you'll need at least 2GB of memory. if not, downgrade to xp
Well, you will get about a 10% performance boost.. thats undeniable



Also, everyone on Yahoo is very Biased towards XP and tell you its the best thing you will ever do..



HOWEVER- You miss out on the ability to use DX10(which will be a very noticable thing when Nvidia launches their new series cards in the next few months)



Also, Vista has lost mainly of its original bugs causing it to run slowly... the driver issues have also been cleared up - Vista in itself is basically "future proofing" yourself



But, if you only want to game, XP for now is probably your best bet performance wise! Cant argue with that :P
I would change to XPP in a heartbeat vista is still to buggy .
No directx 10 on XP. But I don't really like vista so I definitely would change it. Just have to make sure all the drivers support XP as well.
Sadly, Yes. This is the first time that Microsoft is actually suggesting that some people go "backwards" by using the previous version of OS software. Or at least this was what I was told by a programmer friend working for the company. He and almost all his associates will not be running the Vista platform, since it is still too under-supported by most of the hardware manufacturers, causing misc. problems with your system. Dell isn't nearly as bad as some other Laptop manufacturers, like Sony. so the change will be far superior and you will be happy to have done it.
Yes , Vista is junk OS
If you pull down the drivers (XP) for your hard drive controller and network drivers first, just do it yourself. It doesn't have to be "professionally" done. All we do is the same thing you would do yourself. Shove in the XP CD, when it comes to the "Press F6 to install SCSI..etc", have your hard drive controller drivers ready and then....lots of waiting and next, next, next....



Personally, I've run both XP and Vista and I'll stick with Vista. Even with Vista Ultimate 64bit, I still don't notice much difference between the two. Having a dedicated flash drive for Speedboost helps...That, and turning off the UAC (MSConfig, Tools tab, disable UAC)



It's funny what people's opinions on an operating system are after hearing things through the rumor mill. I was part of the original beta program of Vista and currently have three systems running it quite smoothly and have many very happy Vista clients. Heck, the Vista install has been the smoothest I've ever had for an operating system and I've been in the industry since DOS 3.3 was considered a major upgrade.
for now, xp is a better operating system choice for gaming



at least until vista's service packs are released and the os has been out for awhile

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
military loans