Friday, November 27, 2009

If I buy Macbook Duo will I have to format my external hard drive to work with it? Using an XP lapto

Running Windows XP Pro system with Lacie 150Gb external hard drive (all music, photo %26amp; film files are on it).



If I buy Macbook Duo will I have to format my external hard drive to work with it? Using an XP laptop just nowmicrosoft excel



I dont know much about MAC .. I am also going buy MAC soon. I also hav external HDD. I searched over internet and found that if HDD is NTFS it will not work because MAC only " reads " NTFS system. I think if your HDD is FAT32 then you will not get problem and u dont have to format your hard drive.



If I buy Macbook Duo will I have to format my external hard drive to work with it? Using an XP laptop just nowmicrosoft updates internet explorer



Usually external storage media, be it a hard drive or a USB Flash drive are hot swappable meaning you can transport from one computer to another. I assume only data is stored on it and not an OS.
You may use your device between machines safely. I myself transfer between a Mac and a Windows notebook with an external hard drive with all my media and I am able to work on both laptops with all the files I need.
No,Macs just work. You could install Parallels desktop on your new Mac and run Windows virtually on your desktop..your external hd won't know the difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
military loans