Sunday, November 29, 2009

How to Configure Windows to Automatically Shut Down?

I cannot convince the people at my mom's office to turn off the computers at night (were trying to conserve energy). Is there anyway to make Windows Xp Pro. shut down automatically, I tried going to scheduled tasks and figuring out a way to turn off at a certain time but I cant get it to work. Also my mom does not want them to turn off after a certain amount of time (i.e. after 30 mins of non-use it turns off), she just wants them to completely shut down at a certain time like 11pm.



How to Configure Windows to Automatically Shut Down?windows server 2003



Use a scheduled task to run shutdown.exe, which should be in the system32 folder. Run shutdown.exe /? from a command prompt to see a list of switches.



How to Configure Windows to Automatically Shut Down?windows xp service internet explorer



http://www.download.com/Shutdown-Machine...



This program is very useful, I use it all the time when downloading a big file off the internet at night and want to leave my computer on at night.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
military loans